Ask an expert

29 Jun 2011

Clinical Psychologist vs. Psychologist
What is the difference between a Clinical Psychologist vs. Psychologist. I would like to get counselling as feel that I need help getting thru depression and anxiety but I am not sure who I should be contacting.
Answer 412 views

01 Jan 0001

A clinical psychologist is a fully trained psychologist who in adition to their academic training, has been trained and supervised in assesing and counselling people with psychological problems. All clinical psychologists are psychologists, but not all psychologists are clinical psychologists - some have speialized, rather, in educationsl problems, or in industrial applications of psychology, or in research.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.