Question

Clomid Cycle

I am PCOS with regular periods (in a gap of 22-25 days every month). Am trying to conceive for past 2 years without medicine and i took my first cycle of Clomid (Siphene) last month. Was doing follicular scanning and found that i ovulated on 15th day. But i failed to conceive as i got my periods on 28th day.

Now Doc advised me to start 2nd cycle of Siphene. What are my chances this time as i ovulated last time but could not conceive. Do i have to do any other test like Progestorone during this cycle. Also do i have to take metformin also along with Siphene?

Waiting for your advise Doctor please.

The fact that you ovulated on Clomid is a good sign. the chnace of pregnancy is only 20% per cycle, so I would suggest that you persist. The progesterone test is just a confirmation that you ovulated. Metformin helps if you have insulin resistance.