Question

Clove oil during pregnancy

I have lately had problems with sensitive gums and it made my teeth ache, I went to the Pharmacy and asked for something to relieve the pain and also advised them that I am 4 and a half months pregnant. They gave me clove oil to apply on my gums and today I read on the internet that I am not supposed to use clove oil during pregnancy, Please advise.

Clove oil can cause uterine contyractions, but I doubt that much is absorbed if you just apply it to your gums. To be completely safe, you probably should not use it.