Question

Coeliac's disease
I was diagnosed with coeliacs disease when I was 5 and seemed to outgrow it in my teens - however after a stressfull period in my life the intolerance reoccured, I suffered with a lot of thrush and extreme weight loss and diarrea. I go through stages of being able to tolerate eating wheat products and then I have bad patches where if something has the slightest bit of wheat in the diarrea starts all over again - why is this? The stools that I pass are jelly-like in nature and yellow is this normal for coeliacs disease? I am a mother of 3 and weigh 51kg and 5ft3 how do I maintain this weight? I lose weight quickly and struggle to get it back up to 51/52kg. I have found that I am also developing a lactose intolerance where if I drink tea with milk in I feel horribly sick afterwards develope extreme exhaustion and go into a very deep sleep after having dairy products or wheat products.Please advise if these are symptoms of the disease or should I go back to my physician. Thanks

Spider, it sounds like you haven’t outgrown the Coeliac’s disease completely. The problem is that it looks like your symptoms are progressing and it might be that there is another underlying problem. The best would be to see a gastroenterologist and have it sorted out. Good luck.