Question

cognitive therapist
Hi again! l wrote to you a few days ago asking about cognitive behavioral therapy and l was just curious to know where l would be able to find one in the northern suburbs of Johannesburg. Sorry to bother you, l know how busy you are! Just a name would be great and l can do the rest. Thank you so much.

No way I can keep track of this ; and as I noticed again at the weekend conference I attended, as these events are solely sponsored by drug companies, they don't tend to gather therapists as such. Try the Anxiety/Depression support group, as their website lists some psychiatrists and psychologists who Do do CBT.
At the recent weekend meeting of the SA Society of Psychiatrists (SASOP) I asked them, as they extend their website ( www.sasop.co.za) where there IS already a partial listing of SA psychiatrists, to specifically ask the shrinks to provide more information about their areas of interests and skills such as CBT. Of course, they can only list on the site such info as the docs bother to supply to them, and that is probably the main stumbling block. But try the sasop wensite, which has a section open to the public, and let me know if you find it useful and if you have any suggestions for it, which can be sent to the webmaster