Question

COLITIS
My cat has just been diagnosed with colitis and apparently it is very contagious for humans. I am 17 weeks pregnant and extremely worried.

I do not clean out the litter tray but do pet her regularly.

Is there any thing I must take or do?

Stacey

If you are not cleaning the litter tray, you are not likely to contract toxoplasmosis or other pathogens causing colitis. Although pathogens have been found on the fur of cats, it has not been found to be contagious. If you are however, worried, I suggest that you consult your doctor for blood tests, to exclude the presence of toxoplasmosis.