Question

colostomy
hic Doc

my mother has under went permanent colostomy surgery at olive dale cilinic about a month ago it went very fine she is a bit healthy ,lately she is experiencing an excruciating pain on the right leg & if you go for pemanent coclostomy how do we classify your cancer is it in stage a or e .

on the doctors report i saw they he has got very limited life expectancy & diagnose socorma what excatly is this socorma & what might be the cause of the pain in the leg but however we at the hospital the said the bladder was not realing urine has her bladder crashed.

please advice

keke khoza
084 550 0100

Keke, the fact that she had a colostomy doesn’t necessarily mean that she has a bad prognosis. It doesn’t really help me with the staging either.
I don’t know what a socorma is. Are you sure you have the correct spelling?
It is difficult to say what the cause of the pain is without examining her. It might be due to tumour infiltration, thrombosis and a host of other problems. The best would be to take her back to the surgeon and ask him what the problem is. Good luck.
PS. Please post your reply as a new question and not below my reply because I won’t get your reply if you do.