Question

Comment: making the most of the life I didn''t choose
I''m a 37-year-old man who has been single all my life. I would love to be a husband and father and I often envy guys with beautiful wives and children. While I have many female friends, I''m not sexually attracted to women - which is obviously a problem for someone wanting his own family! As a result, I''m currently making sure that I have a good and filfiiling life as a single person. But should there ever be some sort of medication to change my orientation, I''ll be first to sign up.

There's no medication for this. Quite a while back, psychiatry decided that homosexuality was not a disorder nor in need of treatment. For a while there was a diagnostic option oof recognizing dysphoric orientation, that is, someone who was gay but rejected this and was unhappy thus ( and presumably someone who was very unhappy about being straight ) but therapy would have ben psychotherapy to deal wioth the unhappiness and lack of acceptance of oneself, rather than trying to change orientation.
Recently there's been major ructions in the USA about serious and responsible attempts by proper expert and professional groups to get banned quack therapies offered mainly by extremist church groups, claiming to change sexual orientation, methods which have been shown to be unscientific, ineffective and seriously risky.
You are so right to aim at ensuring a good and fulfilling life as a single person.
Remain open to finding someone who will be a loved and loving life partner.