Question

Commission payment
I work for a company that pays me a fixed salary plus commission on my sales. I sell advertising space for months in advance and therefore have to wait until that month arrives before I am paid the commission due. I often wait up to three months to receive this commission payment. If I resign, am I obliged to wait for months for these commission payments or does my company have to pay me all commission outstanding when I terminate my services? Thank you. Tony
Labour lawyer
Labour Lawyer

Before you resign it would be important to carefully peruse your letter of appointment or contract to ensure that you are entitled to commission after you have resigned. Often companies place a clause in contracts to say that no commission would be due and payable after resignation even if earned beforehand.

MICHAEL BAGRAIM