Ask an expert

28 Jun 2010

common law??
Good day!
If you not able to assist, as i know this is a divorce support site, pls advise who can help.
I been living with my boyfriend for 5yrs, he''s paying the rent, but lease on my name. We have a 14month old boy. My boyfriend is a drug addict and i''ve had enough and want to leave. But i feel why should i leave when he''s the one that messed up. Where can i find out what my rights are with regards to staying in the house, and him supporting me with some of the rent, domestic that looks after our son and maintenance. I don''t want to take him for all he has, it''s not like me, but i feel he''s put me through enough, and he knows i cannot a place afford a place of my own. Thanking you
Answer 423 views
Divorce support expert
Divorce support expert

01 Jan 0001

Hi Kourtney,

you will find assistance on

Wishing you all the best.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.