Question

31 May 2011

Company moving offices
Good day

My company is moving offices from Midrand to Johannesburg and they advise that they will be no travel allowance or subsidy
which i understand even though they will be financial impact on some of us.

I decided on using a lift club which will be costing very close to my transport money the challenge is the people i will be travelling with work 7-4 and 9-6 shifts whereas i work 8-5

I asked my manager if i can work 7-4 i am willing to work through my lunch and take the 15/30 munities break the company gives out for my lunch, she refused saying Labour law does not allow that and with the job i do it has to be 8-5 even though i say by 16h00 i will be finished with my work since i will be working my lunch.
Please assist me i feel like i am being frustrated so i can resign i really need my job and love it but financially i am not going to cope.

Thanking you in advance
Labour lawyer
Labour Lawyer

re: Company moving offices

Unfortunately from the Midrand to Johannesburg does not constitue a necessity to have a travel allowance.

There is no law allowing employees to decide on their hours of work.