Question

Complete tear of ACL
Last year whle playing fottball, i fell down and injured my knee. which was healed at that time but i continue feeling knee locking and sudden pains while getting up or while climbing stairs etc. Recently i checked my self with a doc and they took my MRI of Knee. Accordingly to report I have
1. mild medical sublaxation of femur on tibia,
2. type VI tear in poterior horn of lateral meniscus,
3. medical meniscus is unremarkable,
4. complete tear of the ACL,
5. PCL is kinkened. It is an indirect sign of ACL tear,
6. No evidence of bone bruising,
7. No joint effusion,
8. Articular cartiage appear normal,
9. Medical and lateral/ collateral ligaments appera normal

Now, one doc has recommended me exercises by physiotherapy and some have asked for the surgery. Now i am totally confused as one doc says surgery may make some everlasting defects in knee.
Kindly do give me ADVICE AND SUGGESTION. wHAT IS BETTER FOR ME IN THIS CONDITION.
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

Dear Sandy
Most people would opt for the more conservative route (physio/exercise) to first see whether this would help. If you still have pain and discomfort after a while, you can consider surgery, but that is only my opinion. An orthopaedic surgeon who specialised in knee surgery would obviously know better, but remember that you as the patient have the last say. You should therefore make an informed decision weighing up all the pros and cons and discuss this with your doctor.