Ask an expert

21 Mar 2007

Hi doc! Thank you for the reply - i also asked if you could please suggest the name of a good doctor in pretoria?
And i also asked - can i simply asked my GP to prescribe these tablets for me?
I look forward to your reply
Answer 393 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Megan
Yes you can just ask your GP. The best way to find a good doctor is to talk to colleagues and family to find out who really spends time with their patients and make good diagnosis. I can't really highlight one specific doctor for you? Things to look at are:
Do they listen to you?
Do they spend enough time EXAMINING you - some don't even take your Bloodpressure!
Do they prescribe medication to treat the symptoms or the problem?
Do they ever follow-up if they are worried about something?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18603 votes