Ask an expert

21 Aug 2010


I AM A 23 YEAR OLD FEMALE from the western the past iv taken birth control tabs whish was only once and it affected my period cycle as i bled fot 2consistent months...i was then given medication from the doc to reset my cycle and since then everything is okay....however im having difficulty falling pregnant. i also have a kidney infection where i have taken AMOCLAN TABLETS for...please help what could be wrong
Answer 368 views
Fertility expert
Fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Ciara

My first recommendation would be a more thorough evaluation of the fertility problem in particular to establish whether your tubes are patent or blocked. It is also imperative that the partner be investigated as well in the form of a sperm analysis as often the problem lies with the male. If the male factor as well as the tubal factor is healthy and normal then simple ovulation monitoring using the latest urine LH testing kits would be strongly recommended so as to predict when ovulation is likely to occur and to time intercourse appropriately.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9247 votes
66% - 17733 votes