Question

CONCERN
GOOD DAY

I AM A 23 YEAR OLD FEMALE from the western cape...in the past iv taken birth control tabs whish was only once and it affected my period cycle as i bled fot 2consistent months...i was then given medication from the doc to reset my cycle and since then everything is okay....however im having difficulty falling pregnant. i also have a kidney infection where i have taken AMOCLAN TABLETS for...please help what could be wrong

Dear Ciara

My first recommendation would be a more thorough evaluation of the fertility problem in particular to establish whether your tubes are patent or blocked. It is also imperative that the partner be investigated as well in the form of a sperm analysis as often the problem lies with the male. If the male factor as well as the tubal factor is healthy and normal then simple ovulation monitoring using the latest urine LH testing kits would be strongly recommended so as to predict when ovulation is likely to occur and to time intercourse appropriately.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim