Question

CONCERTA &amp  TOFRENAL
My son (9) has been put onto Concerta - this calmed him down but led to insomnia. I stop using the Concerta and was told that if he takes Tofrenal at night it will help with the imsomnia. How safe are these meds? Combination? He can not talk so he can not tell me if meds are making him feel bad. Please help.
Autism Spectrum Expert Forum
Autism Spectrum Expert Forum

Medication is really there to help deal with symptoms and i prefer to look at the cause of these problems in a child with autism.

VERY OFTEN it is food, and I try the route of a diet first and many of these symptoms improve (one of them is definitely sleep). If not, then i would resort to medication. Is the Tofrenal working for sleep? You should consult your paediatrician re safety in combination and long term use. Feel free to contact me directly ex "contact us" for detailed diet info.