Ask an expert

13 Aug 2010

Condom allergy
I have been battling yeast infections on and off for years now and resently I discovered that the irritations occur after having sex using condoms. Could this be an allergic reaction to latex or to perfumed condoms? How will I know what specifically irritates me? I get all sore and itchy after sex and sometimes it goes on for weeks until I have thick yellowish discharge....
Answer 389 views

01 Jan 0001

Some women are allergic to latex. There are latex free condoms on the market wich you could try. If the soreness stops with these then you have your answer.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.