Question

Condom broke :(
during sex, the condom broke and i continued for about 6 strokes before i realised. I then pulled out. I did not climax at all but i am still concerned. Is there still a possibility that anything could have gone in??? or are the chances very unlikely? I just started so i was still a long way from climaxing.

Your risk for HIV infection is quite low, given the following facts: 1) The majority of condom breakages do NOT result in HIV infection, and 2) You probably had minimal, if any, mucous membrane exposure to your partner's fluids. Unfortunately, condom breakage does happen. It sounds like you are doing your best to reduce your risk for HIV infection, which is great.

Try to pay attention to any differences in your condom usage and the sexual encounter itself. Different factors can lead to condom breakage, and most research suggests that few instances can be traced to problems with the manufacturing of the condom itself. User error is generally the culprit. Lack of sufficient lubrication, expired or damaged condoms (sunlight, heat, friction), inexperience with use, or incorrect use can all lead to tearing or breakage.

However, my concern for you would pre-cum that can result in a pregnancy. So make sure to get emergency contraceptives within 72 hours. Next to watch out for is STI's (Sexually transmitted infections), such as Herpes, syphillis and gonorrhea. Watch out for symptoms such as burning when passing urine, discharge and pain and swelling of the genitals.

If in doubt see your medical practitioner.
Dr Elna Mcintosh