Question

CONFIDENT
I`m suffering from gout ,(just the beginning)what must I eat on meat `cause the Dr told me not to eat red meat ,shell fish, asparagus,dried beans,eggs,cheese,fatty fish he mentioned almost everything that I eat not forgetting the intake of alcohol.The guy never mentioned what must I eat or what to use to reduce the uric acid.

Ngiyabonga

Dear Themmba
Click on 'Diet' and 'View old Diet & Food site' and read the article on gout for the info you require. There is plenty of other food left: fresh fruit, vegetables, moderate portions of white meat (chicken, pork) and fish, milk and low-fat diary products, grains and cereals. Cutting out alcohol and red meat and drinking more water, are probably the most significant things you can do to prevent getting an attack. I trust that the dr did prescribe medication for your condition? If not, then ask for some because it does help a great deal.