Question

Confused
I'm 30 years old and involved with a married man my age. We were in school together and had a fling back then but nothing serious, we have now hooked up again. He says he loves me and always reminds me and tells me not to forget that he loves me. He says that one day we will be together, i dont know what im hoping to gain from this relationship as im scared that if he leaves his wife and i carry on with him he will do the same thing to me. He's very stressed at the moment with his wife and other problems they going through and this is stressing me too. Do relationships like this ever work? Am i waisting my time?

So, he tells you that he loves you ? Exactly like he told his wife ? You can almost guarantee that he will do the same thing to you --- he has already proved that he is happy to cheat and lie and to ignore his promises. What on earth makes you believe that any relationship based on lies and cheating would work ?