Question

Confused

I''ve been with my girlfriend for many years and we going through a rough patch for the following reason:

1. I study part-time, as i run my own business, and a girl in my class sent me a sms starting with hey babe( this girl however is like that with everyone). My gf was very upset because she called me that and because i delted that message afterwards which she read.( i del because i didn''t want to upset her)

2. i''m in sales(own business) and i call on a paticular office(one of my ttop clients, who are one of my best clients, however mostly female) and when its there brithdays i buy them cake.

My Gf says because i never told her of the two things above i''ve broken her trust, im watched like a hawke and have my cell phone checked all the time.

I Love her to bits and have never been unfaithful and never will.

im just confused would apprciate your input doc.

She does indeed sound excssively insecure and jealous, in ways that can seriously damage any long-term relationship, and would probably benefit from some personal counselling to enhance her self-esteem and confidence. What you're describing is borderline paranoid. She seems to want from you a sort of male equivalent of the Burqa ( that huge, cover-all garment worn by some conservative Muslim ) - in the real world of business, does she expect you to insist on doing business only wity men ? Or to keep a list for her of all the women you meet ( who she seems to assume are uniformly predatory ) ?
As maria says, is there more, at a reasonable level, you could do to help her feel you do indeed focus on her ?