Question

Connective tissue disorder/Scleroderma
Dear Doc
My mother has been having severe pains in both her feet for 3months now without any relief.She was initially diagnosed with gout,although she does not have the classical symptoms and neither drinks liqour or eats red meat.
We took her to a different GP,who says she has Scleroderma/Connective tissue disorder.I would like to know the prognosis of this condition and the effects of the steroids that have been prescribed for her.Is this an auto-immune disorder?My mother is 67yrs. old.

Thank you

Pearly, scleroderma is a connective tissue disease and an auto-immune disease. If you mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za I can send you some information on it if you’re interested. Good luck.