Question

Constant Fatigue & Dizzyness
Hi Doc!

For the past 2 weeks, I keep feeling tired. I'll wake from a supposedly "good night's sleep", only to feel like I haven't slept a wink all night. I started going to gym a while ago, but now it seems that I simply don't have enough energy to go to gym in the morning anymore, my whole body feels tired and as heavy as lead. Just after I started feeling tired, I began getting strange headache-like feelings, almost like dizzyness in my head, coupled with nausea. At first I thought it might be my bloodsugar levels, but even after I have something to eat, it's still the same. I also had my bloodsugar tested (5.2) as well as my bloodpressure, which was fine.

I have now started taking a vitamin supplement (Berocca), but it doesn't seem to help much.

A few months ago I had a check-up with my GP, where they found some blood in my urine. Could this be related to my cronic fatigue?

Zenia, unfortunately tiredness isn’t a very specific symptom and definitely not enough to make a diagnosis on. Tiredness is a symptom of almost every serious disease and of most of the harmless ones too. It might be due to something simple like a nutrient deficiency or anaemia, or it might be due to something much more serious. The best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.