Question

constant movement of baby
hi everyone

this is my first pregnancy and the question may sound a bit stupid, but i'm still wondering.... i'm around 18 weeks now and have felt the little one move for the first time about 2-3 weeks ago. at first i only felt movement when i went to bed at night and was totally relaxed. since last friday, however, my baby is in constant motion. i feel the little bumps and kicks even while i am physically active (sweeping floors, doing the washing, etc). hubby says he even felt baby the other night when he put his hand on my stomach while i was sleeping.

are all unborn babies that active? don't they sleep or at least go into a restful state at some time? do you think the little one could be agitated about something? could i be doing something wrong?

strange what a woman can get worried about when she's pregnant... not enough movement and you're worried, too much of it and you're worried as well! thank you anyway for the response.

regards,
patricia

Lots of movement is a good sign. I am sure the baby does sleep from time to time, but you are more aware of the movements than the silences.