Question

constantly hugry &amp  thinking of food
please help. i have a problem. i am just eating and eating and eating no matter how full i am. i am besotted with food and think of all nice things to eat and i crave them like mad and dont give up until i have that food to eat. i think of food 24/7 the only time i dont eat is when i am sleeping. it is getting me depressed. please help

Dear Hungry
Hormone fluctuations can make the serotonin levels in your brain decrease which can cause constant hunger and cravings. The best way to counteract them is to ensure that you are eating plenty of carbohydrates and protein with a low fat content because carbs and protein increase the serotonin levels in the brain and make you feel better. Eat a carb like rye or wholewheat bread and jam or fruit or vegetables at each meal and a low-fat protein like yoghurt or fat-free cottage cheese, but avoid the cakes, sweets, etc, as this will make you feel worse. If you find that using a low-GI diet for 2 weeks does not stop the cravings then I would recommend that you have a medical checkup to see if there is an underlying physical or psychological cause for this overeating (e.g. hormone fluctuations, depression, etc).
Hope you can stop this overeating