Question

constipation
I HAVE CHRONIC CONSTIPATION,BUT NUMEROUS TESTS HAS NOT FOUND ANY CAUSES. I HAVE TRIED A LOT OF LAXATIVE FROM EX-LAX TO BLACK DRAUGHT, EPSOM SALTS, CITRATE OF MAGNESIUM ,FLEETS SODA, VERY SELDOM DOES THESE ITEMS WORK. HOW OFTEN CAN I TAKE A ENEMA,USING A 2 QT. ENEMA BAG? WHAT CAN BE USED WITH IT BESIDE A SPOON OF SALT. NORMALLY I USE PLAIN WATER, SOMETIMES I FILL THE BAG MORE THAN ONCE. WHAT IS YOUR OPINION? THANKS

Dear Stopped Up
Have you tried increasing your dietary fibre content? if not, please click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet, then on ‘You are what you eat' and "Healthy GI tract'. It will also help to take probiotics like Bifidoforte (buy at health shop). I suspect that with the use of all these harsh laxatives your bowels have lost their normal function. A less harsh treatment is to use Fybogel (buy at chemist). I cannot comment on how many times you can use an enema as I am the Diet Expert. Please ask Cyberdoc about the use of enemas. But do try to get your digestive system to work normally again by stopping all these purges and increasing your dietary fibre intake.
Take care