Question

Constipation
I am suffering from constipation for the last 2 weeks. I dont understand why, because I eat beans, llentils, vegetables, wholewheat pasta/bread with almost every meal. I drink 1 - 2 litres of water everyday, I exercise 2 or 3 times per week and I eat high fibre cereal with oat bran.

What could be the problem or what would you suggest.

Dear Apple
If you eat all the high-fibre foods that you have listed, drink sufficient water and do some exercise, then you have eliminated most of the factors that could interfere with regularity. Other factors that can play a role, are lack of lubrication in the diet. If you are restricting your intake of healthy fats and oils too severely you can also induce constipation. Then there is the influence of certain medications or of hormone imbalances. Physical factors can include bowel obstruction which can be serious and even life threatening. If your constipation continues or becomes severe, I would recommend that you have a medical checkup just to eliminate any serious problems. Ask the doctor which laxative you can use that is not harsh or habit forming (e.g. Fybogel).
I hope you will soon be regular again.