Question

Constipation
I have recently started taking 20mg trepiline (for constant headaches) and since then I have been suffering from constipation. I still pass stools regularly but they are hard and small little balls. I drink water and eat all bran flakes every morning. I feel my diet is more than sufficient. What can you recommend for this and do you think it''s the trepilene that''s causing it? I have tried drinking black forest tea but it didn''t help.

Connie

Yes, Trepiline can be the cause for your constipation. I suggest that you use Laxette syrup, twice daily for 10 days, in combination with two Soflax tablets at night until you pass normal soft stools. Try adding Solgar Multiple Fibre capsules to your diet.