Question

Contraception??
I'm very curuios as to why one should start using a contraceptive when one is on her periods...It has always bothered me I wanna know why...any one? Please...

Thank you

The hormones at the start of your period are such that you have the least side effects if you start then. Also, it takes a certain time for the Pill hormones to get to a level where they suppress ovulation. IF you start later in the cycle, you may still ovulate in that cycle, i.e. be at risk for pregnancy, meaning that you would have to wait longer for the Pill to be effective.