Question

Contraception injections
Please help. I went on the 2 month contraception injection in June and the clinic told me that I will get some blotting during the time. This was the first time I used it. I got my period in the beginning of July and I still have my period. It''''s month now and it smells terrible. Is this normal or should I go and see my doctor .

Tanja

I do suggest that you consult your doctor for a papsmear and a possible script for antibiotics to treat infection, as this is common when a new contraceptive is used and the ph of the vagina changes causing normal vaginal bacteria to over grow. It is not something to be concerned about and your doctor will be able to assist you.