Ask an expert

23 Aug 2007

I don't know if this question has been posted yet, and if it has I apologise. I gave birth to a baby boy on the 23rd of January 2007, 6 weeks after the birth my Gynae put me on the pill, however he has now told me to stop using the pill as it caused me to never stop eating and I was bleeding for about 4 months while I was on the pill. Since I have stopped taking the pill I have not had my period yet. When I asked my gynae if I could rather put the loop in he told me that I am to young and that there are alot of complications when putting the loop in. I am 24 and have already got 2 kids, I can't use condoms as I get infections from them. My husband and I have stopped having sex in case I fall pregnant again as we dont want aother child (2 is more than enough). Besides the pill, injection and condoms what else is there that I can use, as our relationship is now taking on the additional strain because of the lack of intamicy. PLEASE HELP
Answer 351 views

01 Jan 0001

The IUCD is fine for you, especially if you are in a monogamous relationship. Thers is no reason not to try this.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.