Question

Contraceptive injection & pill
Hello doctor,

I am experiencing some problems with the contraceptive injection. I've been using the injection from Feb this year. About two months ago, I started with my period, and it continued for 4 weeks. My local GP suggested that I use the contraceptive pill for 3 weeks (while still using the injection). I took the last pill about a week and a half ago, and now I've started with my period again 2 days ago.

Should I rather continue with the contraceptive pill? Should I be worried about these long periods?

Give it a month longer. If the bleeding continues, you may need to swop to a different form of contraception.