Question

coping mentally - giving up
HI All

I have been working at my curent job for 5 years now, have a good relationship with my bosses, but the one is a short tempered one. When suppliers have no stock he shouts at me, asking why they dont have. He has alot of family problems and brings them to work. His kid moved out the house, he begged me to please ask his kid to come live with me. which i did. Now he treats me like rubbish, his kid has lived with me for 6 months now, and no contrabution no nothing. My boss now has not spoken to me since December cause him and his wife had a tiff, and he came to work and took it out on me, and i stood up for myself. so he stopped talking to me. I cant cope with the SILENT TREATMENT. and everytime my phone rings he listens in on my conversations.

What do u suggest? Doc, recently put me on Wellbutrin cause im having panic attacks..

When he asks you why suppliers have no stock, just smile, shrug, and say "Wish I knew ! Isn't it annoying and frustrating when this happens to us ? " I seem to remember you asked this before, about him asking you to look after his kid, which is a major imposition. Could you pick a relatively calm time with him, to ask to discuss this, saying that, especially with the increased stress at work, you are finding this difficult, emotionally and financially, and are wondering when he will be able to resume care for his kid. He sounds like a nasty, mean little man. Could you discuss the problem with any of the other bosses who you say you get on well with ? Wellbutrin could help your depression as well as panic attacks.