Question

Corn and energy value?
Why does for e.g. white corn loose some of its energy value when it is frozen before cooking and will this still happen if its first cooked then frozen. I think its called SAMP. Can you tell me the energy value of it uncooked and cooked?

Dear Popcorn
According to the SA Food Tables uncooked samp contains 370 kcal/100g, and cooked samp contains 93 kcal/100g - the large difference is due to the fact that the uncooked product contains only 13% moisture, while the cooked product has 78% moisture. I suspect that the differences in the white corn energy values are also due to changes in moisture content with different processes.