Question

Correct body weight
Hi Doc,

Please can you assist me in telling me what is the correct weight i should be, in order to not be considered over weight.
I am 1.53cm tall and I do not have a petite build, But i am on a diet and am loosing weight well but i would just like to know if my goal weight and the weight i should be are in close reach of each other.

My weight started at 79kg before my daughter then two years later when i started this diet i was 86kgs and have now manager to work my way down to 72kg and hope to get down to the 60 mark.

Thank you for the assistance.

Dear Cindy
If you are 1.53 cm tall then your present BMI = 30,8 if you weigh 72 kg. If you can reduce your weight to 60 kg, your BMI would equal 25,6 which is just above the upper level of normal (i.e 25). It is excellent that you have already lost 14 kg -you are a bright ***star***. I would suggest that you now work on losing the next 12 kg to get down to 60 kg and once you have reached that goal, try losing another 2 kg to get back into the normal range with a BMI of 25.
Keep up the good work