Question

Correct Program???
Hello Fitness Doc.

My goal is to drop fat and increase muscle. I do not, however want huge bulging muscles, just toned. An average workout (4 times a week) would be 2000m ergo, 30min medium weights- upper body, and a 30 min swim- fast short distances.
Do you think this is the best way to achieve the results I am looking for.
Also, I usually get home after gym at 9:30pm and eat at 10pm. What would you suggest to be the best diet? Protein, Carb etc???
Thanks for your time,
I look forward to your response.
Bird

Hi there

This workout sounds perfectly acceptable. I take it you add all kinds of variations for the cardiovascular sections. For some ideas you could go to the home page of this site and click on War on Wobbles.

Speak to Dietdoc about your evening meal. I would suggest that you eat your main meal at lunch time and try not to eat a heavy meal at 10pm - however, I would think a mix of carbs and protein would be best - but Dietdoc is best equipped to answer this section of the question.
Remember that a weight loss of 500g - 1kg per week is optimal - don't try to lose more quickly than this.

Good luck.