Question

Cortisone
I would be very grateful if you could tell me if there is a natural equivalent to cortisone (prednisone) as I am taking this for chest problems and am developing all the side effects of taking cortisone for an extended period.

Many thanks
naturopath

It depends on what type of chest problem you have? The general use of cortisone for chest problems is to manage asthma. Natural Medicine works slightly differently, a Naturopath would look for other triggers for the chest problem and work on correcting those triggers as well as giving natural medicines to strengthen the problem organs. In this way as the organs get stronger, and the triggers are removed the need to use a drug such as cortisone demishes, I suggest you consult a Naturopath in your area to for a detailed look at your case.
Please go to the Find section in our website, you will find a listing for Homeopath's in South Africa.
(Dr Chase Webber ND)