Question

cortizone pls pls
hi how are you? i was on cortizone high doses, injection as well as 8 tab a day for 6years, i came to specialist here in sa cos my legs went blue memory loss hairloss hair growing not on my head but face arms periods crazy etc and i put on bout 100kgs + it wasnt me who voluntered to come as i felt fine my mother forced me why did i feel so great when i wasnt , specialsit here said my heart had slowed down and if i had it again might have heart attack he took all my tabs away from me and i had like with drawls like i was addict i think? if so why when i went to the doc cos bad flue in my chest he put me on 2 tabs a day.. he is aware of the problem.. can you tell me if any long term efects it has on the body if any and how to lose the weight as am huge and swollen? please can you answer it all for me so can clear my mind xxxx
Cyberdoc

Hallo MJ
Low doses of cortione for 7-10 days usually helps for swelling and inflammation so is used for acute infectious diseases. People with auto immune diseases may need to take cortisone long term. However, if you stop cortisone, the side effects usually clear up with time. Cortisone causes water retention, supresses immunity, makes the skin thinner.