Question

Cortozone injections and weight gain
Hi there,

Please can you advise me on the following:

I have recently started weighless (last week wednesday) and i have 6 kilograms to lose. Yesturday (11 July 2011) i had to have 2 cortozone injections in my ankle due to a sports injury that i have been trying to heal for 4 months.

Will these cortozone shots effect my weight loss?

I dont know if its in my imagination but when i looked at my face this morning, it looked fatter then normal (puffy).

If these injections can cause weight gain, is it purely water retention or fat?

Please advise.

Worried

Dear Candice
Cortisone treatments esp direct injections can affect weight, both via water retention and metabolic changes. You need to be pragmatic at this stage. Obviously getting your ankle to heal is your first priority because I presume that you can't exercise properly because of the injury. Concentrate on completing the treatment you need (this may include having physio and doing special exercises). In the meanwhile, the use of the Weigh-Less regimen will help you not to gain too much weight and to get used to the discipline of eating the correct foods and portion sizes. Once the effect of the cortisone wears off you should be able to lose those 6 kg successfully, esp if you can by then also do some exercise.
Hang in there