Question

costs
good day

Thanks for your support i would like to find out an estimate total cost for a lawyer versus a mediator (by the way can a mediator do the full settlement of a divorce from begining to end and rep you in court too?)

We are married ANC with accrual both entered marriage with Nil. I just need an idea of what a lawyer would cost from beg to end and what a mediator would cost? It is not a complicated estate. I am unemployed by mutual agrmnt. Not sure what else to take into consideration besides also the two kids under 10 yrs of age....

Is a mediator a good idea? esp if you short for cash?

Family law expert
family law expert

Some lawyers do fulfil a mediator/facilitator role as well and are therefore quite able to conclude the mediation process and the divorce from start to end. Mediation is essentially negotiation between the couple facilitated by a neutral third party. It does not seem that your divorce is a difficult and therefore settlement might be reached without a lengthy mediation process, which in itself can become rather expensive. When you short of cash a DIY service such as www.edivorce.co.za might be the best route.

For more information:
info@divorceattorney.co.za