Question

cough help needed urgently

How are you doing? I will keep it short. I am 9 weeks pregnant and started with a sinus infection a week ago, all that is left is a stuffed nose at night and extreme cauging.

Is there abselutely nothing i can take or even some natural meds or ''boererate'' i can use to get rid of this cough. I am currently only drinking lemon with warm water and or honey and or cinnamon but this only helps temporary and does not cover the problem. I''m using a humidifier and some vapour rub at night but this only help for the stuffed nose.

Please help. Thank you.

I am well thank you.

All products that are used for the symptomatic treatment of colds and flus, as well as sinusitis and a cough, are not deemed safe during pregnancy, as no clear testing are done on such products during pregnancy. Medication should only be used in case of severe illness.

I can however, suggest that you use Sinutab Aquas Comfort nasal spray (a saline nasal spray), as well as Panado 500mg, six to eight hourly. For the cough you can use lozenges or ice cubes, as this might bring some relief.

Seek advice from your doctor if your symptoms are intolerable.