Question

Could it be ?
I've read a lot about depression on this site but dont quite understand whether I'm depressed or not . I'm going through an extremely rough patch in my life . I dread going back home after work . I fear that hubby will tell me sooner or later that he wants out ( divorce). What are the symptoms of depression ? Can I go to the chemist and buy anti depressants without prescription ?I'm still young , 29 years, been married for 5 months but things are very bad . I dont eat ( I dont get hungry ) . I drink everyday after work I must have a beer or two ( I'm not an alcoholic this only started about 2 weeks ago). I dont have any desire for sex. I usually have this throbbing pain on the big vein in my neck. It sometimes pumps so hard it feels like it will burst . I cant sleep at night , I feel exhausted throughout the day. I sometimes just feel like crying out of the blue. I just feel sad , very sad. I'm away from my parents or any support systems except for my husband. Am I depressed ?

Chek out the site, as the symptoms of depression are clearly discussed elsewhere, like the Mind section.
If you are depressed ( and the only good way to check is to see a doctor for a proper checkup and ask about this ) then the only effective antidepressants need to be prescribed by a doctor, anyway. None of the over-the-counter stuff is of any real value. You need to eat a good diet, whether or not you are hungry. get a physical and psych checkup as soon as possible, to clarify what's wrong and the best way to deal with it. Depression is one of the possibilities, and can be very successfully treated.