Question

Could it be ??
Hi Cybershrink,

I'm currently under a lot of pressure, stress and whatever else goes with it. I've notice that as soon as I'm like this, my hips (basicly in the hip sockets) is aching and have a "lame" feeling, so bad that I can't fall asleep most nights, I actually don't trust my hips to carry the next step I take. This might sound funny to you but my question is this : could to much stress etc. have this effect ???? As soon as I'm more peacefull the aching goes away ??? Very Weird. Should I see a doctor about the pain, or could this just be stress related ?? (my mom has had a hip replacement amongst varies other rumatoid artheritis operation, should I worry about that as I fear the live like her, the pain and suffering ?)

Worried

Hello w,
Well, stress / pressure, creates anxiety which is generally associated with muscle tension, and we vary as to where within our bodies we are most vulnerable and most fel such muscle tensions, usually as pain or cramp, and stress like depression is also an effective amplifier of any minor pains we might have from mild physical conditions, making them far more uncomfortable that they would otherwise be. he fact that your mother has severe problems of this sort, probably encourages your mind to focus these effects on your own hips, with related concerns.
Now, a better exercise pogram might help ; and a doc or shrink could help suggest meds which could be taken for a time, to reduce the impact of such stress.