Ask an expert

20 Jul 2010

Could it be a STD
My long term partner - of 8 years has a piece of dry / red skin just under the "  head "  of his penis . I am concerned as it is recurring . Could this be an STD ... He did cheat on me a few years back ... it is the size of a R 5 coin . The skin seems to flake off ..

He does not want to go to the doctor as he is very shy . he says it is dry skin which is made worse by the use of KY jelly ?

Thanks Docs
Answer 386 views

01 Jan 0001

Hallo Nicky
It may be a dermatitis or psoriasis or can even be skin cancer - he should rather see the doctor before it spreads and so that the right treatment can be given. Does not sound like a STD
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9324 votes
67% - 18749 votes