Question

could this be an artery problem?
Dear Doc,
I have areas on each of my legs that are causing a lot of concern. One is upper/outer thigh just above knee on one leg, and the other outer calf /knee are of the other leg. Symptoms are extreme burning pain... especially after waliking a lot. At night my legs ache and I battle to sleep. . How can I tell if this is an artery problem...ie P.A.D.?What tests are done to see whats going on?
I have been taking small doses of Disprin in case blood it too thick.... and also magnesium/calcium supplement with no marked improvement.. I am 55 and at times feel like I am heading for a wheel chair in a few years!
Your comments would be appreciated! Thank you.

JA, if it is due to an arterial problem, the pain should go away after resting for 5-10 minutes and come back as soon as you start exercising again. The best would be to see your doctor so that he can send you for the necessary tests like a Doppler an angiogram if necessary. Good luck.