Question

Coxsackie B4 Bohr-Homes / Gout
My son is 16 years Std 9. It started with glandular fever and has been diagnosed with active
Coxsackie B4. We know there is no treatment, but will Golden Products carotenoid and nutri shake help. we have removed him from school.
My husband is 46, suffers from SEVERE gout. He does not dring or eat red meat or shellfish.
Are there any natural products that will help? He is slightly overweighed with High bloodpressure.
Thank You Eurika

Eurika, epidemic pleurodynia or Bornholm disease is an acute infectious febrile disorder caused by a group B coxsackievirus and characterized by severe epigastric or thoracic pain.
Epidemic pleurodynia may occur at any age but is most common in children. There is sudden onset of severe, frequently intermittent, often pleuritic pain in the epigastrium or lower anterior chest, with fever and often headache, sore throat, and malaise. Local tenderness, hyperesthesia, muscle swelling, and myalgias of the trunk and extremities may occur. The disease usually subsides in 2 to 4 days, but relapse may occur within a few days and symptoms may continue or recur for several weeks. Up to 5% of cases are complicated by aseptic meningitis, orchitis, and, less commonly, fibrinous pleuritis and pericarditis.
Diagnosis is obvious during an epidemic. However, in sporadic cases or in the early stages of an epidemic, the disease may be mistaken for spontaneous pneumothorax, acute appendicitis, pancreatitis, costochondritis, a perforated viscus, an influenza-like respiratory infection, or a heart attack. Laboratory diagnosis consists of demonstrating a rise in specific neutralizing antibody titers or isolating the virus on a throat or stool culture.
Prognosis is good in uncomplicated cases. Repeated infections with another of the group B coxsackieviruses is possible. Treatment is symptomatic – usually with anti-inflammatory drugs. If you want to give him something natural, you can try Traumeel®.

I wrote something a while ago on gout and if you mail me at cyberdoc@mweb.co.za, I pass it on. Read it and let me know if you have more questions. Please post your questions as a new question or I won’t get them. Good luck