Question

CRACKING OF SPINE
I SUFFER FROM BACKACHE AND STIFFNESS OF MUSCLES IN MY BACK, SO I DO SOME STRETCHING EXCERCISES TO RELIEVE THE PAIN. HOWEVER, WHENEVER I STRETCH OR MAKE ANY SUDDEN MOVEMENTS (ESPECIALLY WHEN LAYING DOWN, EG. TURNING FROM ONE SIDE TO THE OTHER), I TEND TO 'CRACK' MY SPINE. I HATE THE TERRIBLE SOUND IT MAKES, AND I'M STARTING TO GET WORRIED. WILL I EVENTUALLY GET ARTHRITIS IN MY SPINE, OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR CONDITION?

Harlequin, it might be nothing, but you won’t be sure until you have it seen to by your doctor. There is no harm in having x-rays taken just make sure everything is OK. Good luck.