Question

craniosacral therapy
What are your views on craniosacral therapy in relation to low muscle tone. It has been suggested.
Holistic bone Doc

Dear TGKB,

As an Osteopath who has trained for four years in the use of cranio-sacral techniques, I would first want to know or ascertain the cause of the low muscle tone. Once a cause has been established then it would be possible to look at potential treatment options. I would suggest that cranio-sacral osteopathy (therapy) could be used in appropriate cases in conjunction with an encompassing treatment approach. I do not believe that cranial treatment in isolation would be an appropriate form of intervention.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Dr. Gary Riley