Question

craving for female friendship
Ever since i was young, i was always surrounded by female freinds, i always had friends, but im now 36 of age, i dont even trust my own sister, we dont c eye to eye,

my friends either backstabbed me, but i was very naive then, i relocated to a different city, lived there for 12 years, and gradually lost trust in my friends, they forever let me down, now i feel very uncomfortable around females, i get very agitated and prefer to around men, ive distanced myself with women, but long to have friends, my mother reckons when she dies, i need people, but i just cannot trust any1 but myself...

Why not see a counsellor to seek to better understand and manage these recurring situations of mistrust of other women ? It sounds like both a reaction to past events, and perhaps an over-reaction to them ?