Question

Craving meat after trauma
I haven't eaten meat for just over two years - I eat fish, but no other meat, and although I used to eat a lot of meat, I have never missed it, or had cravings or felt that my diet was lacking anything. I was hijacked recently, and since then, especially very soon after the incident, I have had meat cravings. I have also dreamt about eating meat - very vivid dreams (last night it was biltong!) and woken up feeling disappointed that it was just a dream. Do you have any ideas where this is coming from and why I am wanting meat so much during this traumatic time?

Dear LH
It is difficult to judge, but it could be that your body is telling you that it needs some extra nutrients such as iron, B12, etc. It could also be your subconscious that is taking you back to earlier times when you still ate meat and life was less complicated. Please do have some trauma counselling and psychotherapy as most people need some help to overcome such a dreadful shock.
Thinking of you