Question

Crohn's Disease
I was diagnosed with this about 15months ago. Bleeding has become very heavy, I have no med aid and cannot afford expensive medication. Is heavy bleeding normal?Is there something I can take to 'calm' this? Thanks.

Jen, heavy bleeding definitely isn’t normal. Usually, prednisone enemas are prescribed if the bleeding gets too severe. You will have to see a doctor because it might lead to serious complications.
You can also drop in at the Crohn's and Colitis Support Group at http://www.ccsg.org.za/ and have a look at what they have to say on the disease and their FAQ’s. Read it and let me know if there is something that needs explaining (I helped them write it). Good luck.